People are often telling me that they just don’t have time to get healthy – no time for exercise, and no time to cook healthy meals.
Lucky for you if you’re one of these people, I’ve made a list of 10 things for you to STOP doing, to make room for cooking and fitness.
- STOP making excuses. Excuse-itis will get you nowhere. Making excuses is a huge waste of time and gets you absolutely nowhere.
- STOP waiting for the “right time” to start working on your health and fitness goals. There’s no sense in trying to lose 10 lbs before joining a gym. Do it now.
- STOP comparing yourself to others. That means others in your real life, and others you see on TV and in magazines. Comparing yourself to others just makes you feel like crap and zaps your willingness to want to improve yourself.
- STOP reading health and fitness magazines. The message that they preach 2,000,000 different ways is this: eat healthy and exercise. You’re welcome; I just saved you lots of hours and lots of money.
- STOP doing exercise that you hate just because you heard it’s effective. Life’s too short for doing things you hate.
- STOP expecting immediate results. I know we live in a time of instant gratification but girlfriend you didn’t get to this shape and size overnight; you can’t expect to fit into your skinny jeans overnight either.
- STOP talking shit about yourself. Your thoughts are a self-fulfilling prophecy.
- STOP stressing about the minutiae of your health and fitness plans. In fact, stop stressing about everything! Stress makes you store fat.
- STOP blaming others for where you’re at. This is your life, and your choices got you to where you are now. Take responsibility for your health, and make some positive changes starting now.
- STOP watching TV. It’s not real life, and it’s ridiculous to get so involved in a Hollywood writer’s imaginary world. So turn it off and do something positive for yourself instead.
Wow, don’t you feel awesome now that you can stop doing all those things?
Now take a deep breath – that’s right, deep breath in and deep breath out. Roll your shoulders back. Smile. Good job!
Now you’ve got some extra time to just move your body, whether you walk, run, ride a bike, dance, play team sports, lift weights, sprint, cross-fit, rollerblade, swim, spar, do pilates, do yoga, joggle, or whatever.