Smoothie Fun

smoothie

Ah, the breakfast of champions.

In the video below that I shot in my pajamas, I show you how easy it is to make a fast and healthy breakfast. Many people struggle with fitting in enough fruits and vegetables into their diet. With a breakfast smoothie, you can jump start your day with amazing nutrition!

A bit about the ingredients I chose today:

Frozen berries: I always like to use frozen berries as the foundation to my smoothies. They are cold (duh!) and delicious, and full of antioxidants.

Kale: I love using kale. It’s also full of antioxidants, and also fiber. It’s full of healthy flavonoids, vitamins and minerals like calcium, lutein, iron and vitamins A, C and K. Kale is very high in beta carotene.

Beets: Although beets are great for turning your smoothie pink, beets contain phosphorus, sodium, magnesium, calcium, iron, and potassium, as well as fiber, vitamins A and C, niacin, and biotin. Beets also contain a healthy dose of folic acid.

Pears: Pears are excellent source of water-soluble fiber.  They contain vitamins A, B1, B2, C, E, folic acid and niacin.  It is also rich in copper, phosphorus and potassium, with lesser amounts of calcium, chlorine, iron, magnesium, sodium and sulfur.

Pineapple: Pineapple is so delicious and contains calcium, potassium, fiber, and vitamin C. The bromelain in pineapple is an excellent anti-inflamatory. Pineapple is great for digetsion.

Hemp: It’s an excellent source of the Omega 6 & 3 Essential Fatty Acids. It also contains the fatty acid Gamma-Linolenic Acid which is more difficult to come by. It’s also a great source of protein, containing all essential amino acids. The brand of hemp products I like to use is Manitoba Harvest.

And now, the moment you’ve been waiting for. Me, in my pajamas!!

Let me know in the comments below what you think of my smoothie. Or my video. Or both! And if you have questions, ask them there too. I will do my best to answer them as fast as possible.

Post to Twitter

Related Posts:

Like this post? Give it a +1 on Google!
This entry was posted in blog and tagged , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink. Follow any comments here with the RSS feed for this post. Post a comment or leave a trackback: Trackback URL.

8 Comments

1. Joanne Gunning
    Posted November 15, 2010 at 14:25 | Permalink

Great video.
    Clear explanation…and nice camera presence.
    Loved seeing the doggie in it!

2. Dwight
    Posted November 15, 2010 at 19:43 | Permalink

Nicely done. Very clear instruction and since I’m a visual person, it’s great to SEE the procedure and the end result. And the combination of the written recipe and the video…priceless!

3. Ken
    Posted November 16, 2010 at 16:13 | Permalink

Very good video for a nice looking smoothy and being in your pyjamas was a great way to show that it is for breakfast.

4. Posted November 19, 2010 at 07:41 | Permalink

Great job Natalie! You’re a natural in more ways than one!

5. Posted January 2, 2011 at 20:37 | Permalink

Great Video Natalie ! Your speaking ability is very clear and to the point. Not one hiccup. Can’t wait to try your recipe !
    - Karen

• Natalie
      Posted January 2, 2011 at 21:21 | Permalink

Thank you Karen! Another video coming out tomorrow morning :-)

6. Posted January 4, 2011 at 18:26 | Permalink

Nicely done video Natalia! I am a green smoothie fanatic as well. The addition of beets is a great idea for finicky eaters. May I post this on my web site, The Healing Channel?
    Sharron Calvin recently posted..Get ready for day 2 of Gaiam’s 5 Days of Fitness!

• Natalie
      Posted January 4, 2011 at 21:59 | Permalink

Hello Sharron,

Feel free to add my blog post and video to your channel. I only ask that you link back to my site, in case anyone is interested in my other writings and services.

Kind regards,